545 Ramsey St.
Fayetteville, NC 28301

Telephone: (910) 483-1331
Fax: (910) 483-2840
Email: info@jerniganwarren.com


  • Veterans Benefits & Information

    Depending on eligibility, benefits may include:

    • Memorial U.S. flag
    • Presidential Memorial Certificate
    • Veterans Administration headstone or marker
    • Burial at Sandhills State Veteran's Cemetery (Ft. Bragg), Main Post Cemetery (Ft. Bragg), or Arlington National Cemetery (Arlington, VA)
    • Military flag folder and presenter
    • Full military honors for those who retired from the military, were disabled as a result of military service or died while serving on active duty
    Regardless of what type of services you are planning, whether it be burial in a cemetery or memorial service at the funeral home or a church, military honors may be incorporated into the service if eligible. We will assist you in getting the necessary information to the proper branch of service. Typically we need a DD 214 form or honorable discharge certificate to request an honors detail. Military veterans and their dependents are entitled to a variety of benefits depending on their circumstances. Contact the Veterans Affairs office to determine what benefit can be claimed and then gather the information requested.
  • How Much Does VA Pay

    Service-Related Death

    The VA will pay up to $2,000 toward burial expenses for deaths on or after September 11, 2001. The VA will pay up to $1,500 for deaths prior to September 10, 2001. If the veteran is buried in a VA national cemetery, some or all of the cost of transporting the deceased may be reimbursed.

    Nonservice-Related Death

    The VA will pay up to $300 toward burial and funeral expenses and a $300 plot-interment allowance for deaths on or after December 1, 2001. The plot-interment allowance is $150 for deaths prior to December 1, 2001. If the death happened while the veteran was in a VA hospital or under VA contracted nursing home care, some or all of the costs for transporting the veteran's remains may be reimbursed. For More Information, Call Toll-Free 1-800-827-1000 or Visit Their Web Site at http://www.va.gov Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington VA: www.arlingtoncemetery.org
  • Veterans Cemeteries in our immediate area:

    Fort Bragg Main Post Cemetery is closed unless a spouse has already been buried there

    Sandhills State Veterans Cemetery is open to new burials and their information is listed below

    400 Murchison Road
    Spring Lake, NC 28390
    Phone 910-436-5630
    Fax 910-436-5727
    Any honorably discharged military veteran or retiree who is a North Carolina resident is eligible for interment in the Sandhills State Veterans Cemetery at no cost. Although you may pre-register with the cemetery, reserved plots are not available; space is assigned at time of need. Additionally, the spouse or dependent child of an honorably discharged veteran or retiree is also eligible, but there will be a charge by the cemetery to be paid at the time of need. All funeral expenses are the responsibility of the family. Provided by Sandhills is the plot, grave marker and perpetual care of the grounds. Services can only be scheduled once the necessary paperwork is provided, and the responsible party visits the cemetery office to complete any necessary paperwork and pay any cemetery charges. Services MAY NOT be scheduled on observed holidays. Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
    Service Times: Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM or 2:00 PM
    (Indicates arrival time at the cemetery for committal service) Items Required to verify eligibility for interment: DD-214 Form – Certificate of release showing HONORABLE discharge from active duty Any TWO of the following: Voter's Registration Card, Property Tax, State Income Tax or W-2 Form, Utility Bill North Carolina Driver's License (for identification purposes only) Marriage Certificate Birth Certificates for Dependent Children under the age of 18 Doctor's letter for physical or mental disability of an adult (must show dependent became permanently incapable of self-support under the age of 18 years)